Pages

Friday, January 8, 2016

That Same Shy, Town Girl































That same shy girl of the town


That same street, gulmohar tree, home very own


Cows at the gate, same scene


As, each time I come in





A decade, more, did less change to the sight


People had hair more grey and light


Familiar faces, that auto driver, news paper man


My home, I spent half my life span





Full of kids, that same children's park


Delightful watch, strikes day's spark


Older ones kicking foot ball in ground


Same people, same home, earth is round





That same shy girl of this town


Once with, striped bermuda, glasses on


Peddling away on the cycle, puffing and panting


Is now - On that memory lane rumbling, & on blog ranting.





P.S.- That girl in the words is none other than myself. A peek into my hometown as I step there each year.





3 comments:

  1. Ah. Whenever I return to my native town, it feels like nothing has changed as well, not even me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it....we are suddenly the same ..that's what nostalgia of native town does to one

      Delete
  2. Some places are almost magical, isn't it? They actually bring us out from our own selves. Lovely poem, Sushma!

    ReplyDelete

I Do Not Want The Hollywood Smile

It is unarguably the era of technology where creative marketing has chalked itself a good space. The Internet is flooded with fancy commerci...